Mark S. Luckie is a multi-platform journalist and editor, founder of the digital journalism blog 10,000 Words, and author of The Digital Journalist's Handbook, a guide to the tools necessary to thrive in the digital newsroom. He is currently the Creative Content Manager for Journalism at Twitter. Luckie has produced multimedia and interactive stories for the Center for Investigative Reporting, Entertainment Weekly, The Los Angeles Times, The Contra Costa Times, and is a former crime and justice reporter for The Daytona Beach News-Journal.
Luckie is a graduate of the University of California at Berkeley School of Journalism where he received his master's in journalism and Bethune-Cookman College where he received bachelor's degrees in broadcast production and Spanish. He has served as a multimedia skills trainer for the Knight Digital Media Center and has lectured various collegiate groups and professional news organizations.
Twitter, New York, NY
Manager, Journalism (June 2012 - present)
The Washington Post, Washington, D.C.
Social Media Editor (August 2010 - June 2012)
Center for Investigative Reporting, Berkeley, CA
Multimedia Producer (June 2009 - August 2010)
Entertainment Weekly/EW.com, Los Angeles, CA
Online Producer (August 2007 - December 2008)
Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles, CA
Intern, Online Producer (May 2007 - August 2007)
Daytona Beach News-Journal, Daytona Beach, FL
Staff Writer (January 2004 - August 2005)
• UNCF Outstanding Young Alumni Award (2014)
• The Root 100 Influential African-Americans (2013)
• Pulitzer Prize finalist team, Local News Reporting (2012)
• The Grio.com's 100 History Makers in the Making (2011)
• "35 Influencers in Social Media," Poynter Institute (2010)
• Winner: Design for America challenge, Sunlight Labs (2010)
• GLAAD Media Award nominee - Digital Journalism (2008)
• NLGJA Excellence in Student Journalism Award (2007)
University of California, Berkeley - Berkeley, CA
M.J. Journalism, new media concentration
Bethune-Cookman College - Daytona Beach, FL
Bachelor of Arts: Mass Communications, Spanish
Download full resume here (PDF), download biography here. High resolution photo available here.